Things to share

I've got to make it one more week. We have Lump coming for 4 days, I still have to finish the vinyl on youngest child's house and I have a gun show this weekend at the Hoover Met. I have been trying to sight in the 257, 25-06 and a 30-06 as well as check my 6.5 x55 and a 30-30 that the boss doesn't know I have for over two weeks. It's either raining the wind is blowing 100mph or I have six other things to do.

Just saw Walz trying to shoot pheasants to try and get "dude" voters. He was using a Berreta a400 and said he bought the gun 2 years ago because he shot a lot of trap and it had a good recoil pad on it. He didn't know how to load the thing and struggled with it. I thought it was funny as hell. What a dipstick.

6 rds 25-06 at 100 yds. The three in the middle are Hornady 90gr The three fliers are Privi Partisan 90 gr hollow point. Either one is minute of deer but I think I'll stick to the Hornady rounds. The red circle is minute of little plastic bowl lid maybe 3-4 inches across.IMG_9672.jpeg

4 1/2 X14X40 VX3 Leupold with the Boone and Crockett reticle. This is the one with the Savage action, EA Shaw barrel and the Boyds At One stock.

On another note. There was a safe at the estate sale that didn't sell. No combination. Walked by it and threw the lock...While it was open...Before some pecker head locked it closed.
It was fixing to get scrapped....So I went and grabbed it. Brought it home and removed the inside mechanism cover, and cracked the sucker. Fire safe model, good size for pistols.....Might have strained my milk getting it in the truck.
Today is last day of this job. Finish a little clean up and return borrowed trailers....All done.
Came out with some fairly good stuff. Picked up a floor scale I'd been looking for, a steel cabinet for the AGT gun range. Steel table frames for the meat shop. Various other items....Cost me about $30...
Now I have to haul ass and cut wood. Had to fire the fireplace upstairs last night. Have very little wood cut. House is trashed. Haven't been here much the last couple months because of this sale...working. now I have to catch up before the weather turns.....

Last edited:
Back