New Ones

One thing about holosun they do have a solar backup. Leupold doesn't have that option. Next year they probably will. Ugh....more research.

I think the reason Gene went with the Holson was that it had a solar backup and the model he had didn't have to be taken off the gun to put in a fresh battery. I think that is what he told me.

Can you get this one Belve.? I didn't see it in your store.
Holosun HE507C-GRX2

Wellllll........Ruger doesn't make a plate for Holosun either. I am going to have to get that mounting plate from "Outer Impact" no matter what I get. Looking at what Ruger offers in red dots with their plates....I am not fond of their sights. This is becoming a damn job.

Got the Holosun, not your price and the picture is a stock picture, but we have distributors that have it.

I think Holosun makes a plate for that gun and that sight. I think i saw that in all the clicking and looking on the interweb.

I looked on Holosun and I couldn't find what exact plate to use so I sent them an email to see what they say. They have plates but I just couldn't find which gun for what plate. And by the way...... I hate to be a pain but I was looking at the green dot one. Actual number is HE 507C-GRX2. Same sight as the one you posted but green. The green ones are a little more money.I will say.....I have learned a lot about these damn sights and plates. I am gonna get carpel tunnel looking at all this S@#$. Anyway...we are getting there.

Yep but the UPC code says it's the green one. The distributors or even the manufacture's will use a stock picture for a lot of stuff. As long as the UPC code matches, and it did with 4 different distributors, it is the item.

810047071280​

OPTIC FOOTPRINTRMR/SRO STANDARD
Manufacturer Part NumberHE507CGRX2
UPC810047071280
COLOR/FINISHBLACK MATTE
Dimension3.25 X 4.80 X 3.65
DOT SIZE IN MOA2.0000
HEIGHT3.2500
LENGTH3.6500
LENGTH IN INCHES1.8
MOUNTINGMOUNT NOT INCLUDED
OTHER FEATURES:PARALLAX FREE, UNLIMITED EYE RELIEF, SOLAR AND BATTERY POWER, 2 MOA DOT OR 32 MOA CIRCLE DOT WITH OR W/O 2 MOA CENTER DOT
POWER SOURCE1-CR2032 BATTERY
RETICLE TYPEDOT OR 32 MOA CIRCLE DOT
TYPEHOLOGRAPHIC
FEATURES:

FinishBlack Anodized
Magnification1x
MaterialAluminum
ProofsShock Proof / Water Resistant
Firearm TypePistol
ReticleGreen Dot & Circle
Windage Adjustment50 MOA

Heard back from Holosun.They don't make a plate for the 57. They said to have one custom made. lol . It does appear that the "Outer impact" plate is my only option no matter what sight I use. So be it.

It might be an opportunity here. I think I can still weld aluminium. I use to could anyway. Hell if we can't I'll just braze it on,or we can silver solder it on. On second thought they make some pretty good glue or we could try liquid steel. I bet they would work.

Anyone have a suppressor? I kinda want one for my R 57. Can you explain the process for obtaining one Belve? Is that something I would have to do local?

You have to fill out a form and pay a 200 dollar tax for the feds and wait. I hear they are quicker now but last year the wait was up to a year. WHEN you get approved then you can order and buy a suppressor. I don't deal in them because they are expensive and for the most part useless plus I'd have to get an SOT license and renew it every year in July or August I think--once a year anyway, I would have to pay an extra 200 a year to sell them and if you miss the sign up date and get the license say a month late you only have the use of it for 11 months before you have to renew again. I don't think the states have any extra regulations but now days who knows. It is just a way for the government to screw you out of more money. Even in England as anti gun as they are you can purchase a suppressor in a drug store as hearing protection, like it should be here. They have had a couple of bills come up and maybe are going to get something done under a "hearing protection act" that will do away with the fees.
The other thing about all this is the suppressor will be registered to you and only you. No one else can be in possession of it even at a range with you standing there. If your son wanted to use it in your back yard with you inside the house, that would be illegal. Not to say they would catch you but technically it is illegal. If you croak he can't even inherit it, unless you have set up a trust and made him a party to the trust. Only you can use posses or store it. All these twits making these laws have watched too many 007 movies. The decibel level of a suppressed 223 is still louder that a jet engine at take off. A 22 short is the only firearm that can get the sound completely suppressed. For my part the things are too much sugar for a nickel and not enough for dime

So the process is done through an FFL?
If it is done through a trust, would my son be able to use it also or does he need to fill out the form and pay $200 also? In that case he should probably get his own then.

It helps to be done through an FFL but it can go through the ATF. You have to be finger printed and the forms submitted to the ATF. A trust is an all together different animal. It has to be done by an attorney and all the parties that are listed as holders of the trust are listed. The trust is the owner of the suppressor and the people listed in the trust own the trust. That way the suppressor never changes hands it belongs to a trust that belongs to a list of people that are on the trust. If someone dies the other holders of the trust are already owners of the property that is in the trust. You have heard the term " trust fund babies" that's what that means. If you wanted to put your house in a trust and only list your son then when you croak only he would have the house because the trust didn't die just a holder in the trust kicked off. You can put anything you want in a trust with other people. You could put a collection of your grandmaws drawers if you are so inclined, it is not specific to suppressors. Another thing is you have to pay a tax and have an NFA license for each suppressor you own. If you liked it and wante to put them on every firearm you have each one requires a separate registration along with the gun it goes on also according to which state you are in the holders in a trust that owns a suppressor must be 21 or over and in some states suppressors are illegal. I know new York, Mass ( I can't spell the rest of it) Rhode Island and some others. In some states you can hunt with them in some state you can only use them to target shoot or do James Bond stuff and blow up cars with them if you have it on a Walther PPK in 380.

Last edited:
Nice pistol ? But, after thinking this over ? Special purpose, and wonder if price justifies use.. How much.

Looks like the one we had ---might be the one we had. I don't remember if the one that was here had the belt buckle with it or not. Where is this double?

One we had was full under lug, and vent rib iffn I remember right. I think the patch was missing.

Back