Guess the gun

The model 220B is the Mossberg model 800B. Same gun really but made for Western auto. The Mossberg 800 B.....the B signified .243.
There was an 800 A/B/C/F. Each letter signifying a different caliber. The R220B is with the R signifying Revelation and the B signifying the caliber.
Manufactured from 1967. Of course discontinued now. 1972 was the last date manufactured.

I am finding them selling for $300 to $500. Actual sold for prices.

That brings up another question. I have to list these in the A&D book and even though it is made by Mossberg it is not on the gun. The ATF folks are adamant about putting " ONLY WHAT IS ON THE GUN." That being the case, I wonder if they want Revelation as the manufacturer ( that's who it was made for) or Mossberg who actually manufactured the gun. All these regulations made by people that don't know $#it from shoe polish is the problem.

Put what is on the gun and let whoever do their own research. It's not up to you to do the research for them. The make and model tells all. Revelation R220B. It's easy enough to cross reference and anyone who knows anything about guns know that guns were made years ago for certain retail stores. Sears, hardware stores and such. Mossberg, Winchester, Savage and others made many knockoffs for different retailers. I would put what's on the gun. Because if you didn't then you are right, the boneheads wouldn't know the difference anyway.

One of those "Fronteir" pads and oil will clean that metal up nicely. The wood can be cleaned up some but it is what it is. I am curious on how much KRP will value it. I am going to say about $350 or $325. (price to sell....not much collector value but a work horse item)

Last edited:
Importer of various maker firearms....different countries.....all I've found = crap

Sportarmi is the maker. I couldn't find much either but apparently that aren't worth too much and aren't really good guns.Kind of like wal-mart guns type guns. They have been known to fire if closing the barrels too hard.
I found two that were sold ($305 and $475). They were made from the early 60s. I found some for sale in England and they were asking about $125 or even less. Made in Brescia, Italy.
It is a pretty gun but not a high dollar piece in my opinion. They aren't even in the Blue book.

Yeah that's what we figured. It will lock up but it is loose. It has play in it even when it is loaded. When you look close at it you can tell it is cheap made. I didn't know it had a problem firing when closed though. I'm wondering if we should put a warning on the tag or just Caveat Emptor.

A warning wouldn't hurt but would it sell? Of course you don't want anybody to get hurt or worse but maybe leave the warning off and just explain to the potential buyer the issue of loose and tell them to get a gunsmith to check it out. And as everything else this will affect price also.
The issue with firing on closing was if it was slammed closed. Either way, its kinda an issue. I bet one couldn't find parts for it either.

Parts??? I bet you can't even find the company. It's in Pangunani Italy right besides Mama Pascoochi's wine mashing pizza parlor and ammo distributor. Just ask for Guiedo !!

I was looking at what I thought was a H&R single shot shotgun but it was marked Marlin (model 200). I guess when Marlin bought H&R they made some with their name on them. I guess there is no way to find out how many were made with the Marlin name on them. I was just wondering if the Marlin name would bring a premium. This is the first one I have seen. This one is in good shape.

I found this and thought it was an interesting gun. Walther model 2. Made before WWII. It can be fired as single shot, bolt action repeater, or semi auto. 22wmr. I thought it was unusual and interesting.
1725463381632.png

Kind of like this gun (which I have) a Winchester model 55. It's actually considered a semi auto single shot. When fired with an open bolt the empty is automatically ejected. Winchester wanted to have a mag originally to hold rounds but being an open bolt design they couldn't do it by way of ATF. Just another interesting gun to me anyway.

1725464651959.png

That one was already sold. It doesn't show price on GI when sold. I don't see any for sale right now. One book says about $800. I will be looking.

Back