Interesting stuff coming on the market

I like wood stocks and fore ends but I'm not giving 2 large for a fad rifle. It kinda depends on what calibers it comes in as well. I wouldn't give 500 dollars for it in a 6.5 Creedmore but in say a 7x57 more likely to look at it. It would have to be a tack driver at maybe $1000.00 to $1500 maybe. Hell, a Beretta 400 or a Browning sweet 16 is over $1,300 now days. A new Remington 1100 is over 800 to 1000. Guns are out of sight now days.

Ok....I am confused (again). Ruger bought out Marlin......right?! I just saw a Smith &Wesson Marlin 1894 for sale. Brand new in the box. What did I miss?

Smith & Wesson 1854...only 1854 being made- 44 mag. not a Marlin...maybe off Marlins patent. Useless as far as I'm concerned.
But then again, I'm thinking anything off S&W or Colt is pretty much useless.
And any rifle in a pistol caliber is useless to me......Unless it's a machine pistol. And even then has limited use....

I found my confusion. Read the description that was on this item.......
"
THIS IS SMITH WESSON STAINLESS STEEL 1854 LARGE LOOP LEVER ACTION RIFLE IN 44 MAG WITH 18 INCH THREADED BARREL SMITH WESSON BOUGHT OUT MARLIN SO THIS IS A MARLIN DESIGN GUN AND ITS A BEAUTY GOOD LUCK"

That is misleading and wrong. I was wondering how I missed that sell off.

Somebody screwed up in the listing. Marlin was a stand alone company from the 1870's and has owned H&R ( who owned New England firearms) since 1871. Remington )who was owned by a group called Freedom Group) bought Marlin and that included H&R and New England Firearms. Remington bought several other firearm manufacturers including Bushmaster and two or three others. Remington went belly up--again and Freedom group sold off all the assets. Ruger bought Marlin and moved it to Arizona ( I think) but they didn't want NE Firearms or H&R. I think H&R hung on somehow but NE is not producing anything anymore unless they just started again in the last year or so.

Smith & Wesson is owned by some group named Vista unless they have been sold again recently.

I thought 338 Lapua. I already see a couple possible weaknesses.... Camera and gear drive mechanism. But they may have armor off for display, and secondary sighting/camera devices...But, with proper operator and considering the range of caliber ? in tandem with other technology ? This is one bad SOB...I wouldn't wanna be on the receiving end of it...
The weight alone makes for some major possibilities. But I still see the sighting as a weak point. As the Russians found out in tanks, at where ever it was....They threw tarps over the tanks, fire bombed the tank, and cooked them in tank, or shot them when they came out. Brilliant really.

I wonder if this is the Shaw that does the barrels or a division of them. This place is in Georgia. This is a new thing Savage has come out with. What a waste of a good 110 action.

Thompson Center is coming out with a new line. Savage has always been a competitive gun company. We will see how it turns out.

Isn't real hard to cut off a barrel, crown or thread it. Why would you anyway. Very specific use firearm.

Yes, Missouri is a constitutional carry state. According to the search results, Missouri became a constitutional carry state in 2017, allowing residents to carry a concealed firearm without a permit or advanced training. The state does not require a concealed carry license or NICS background check while purchasing firearms from private dealers or in gun shows. This means that, as long as an individual is legally entitled to own a firearm in Missouri, they can carry it concealed without a permit.

We have to have a permit in Va. If one does not have a permit.....they can buy only one handgun a month. With a permit.........they can buy as many handguns as they want. STUPID..................

Been watching a lot of this guys vids, Also Donut Operator, I think it's his brother. Anyways, A couple of YouTubers worth watching......

This is nothing particularly new but Savage seems to be making good firearms and not trying to rape consumers. This is not a bad looking gun. I don't know if they went to all the cheap out options like plastic trigger guards and such but maybe they didn't. I'd like to see one. I'm kinda like this guy though, I could do without the tacky ass stock.

But what's the point of buying a rifle with a next to useless barrel on it. You buy a rifle for the ballistics of a certain caliber, then handicap the caliber with a short ass barrel. Pretty stupid and pointless. This has been getting stupid for a while now.
Kinda like the guy told me about his 18" 308...5 1/2lb. rifle was going to be his 1,000 yard rifle, pencil thin barrel..........with a suppressor on it...????? HUH ? So what exactly is the bullet drop on a 308 at 1,000 yards, and the FPE when it gets there ??? On a 24" barrel ???
Fantasy land

Back