Here it comes.

belvedere

Administrator
Staff member
Federal, CCI, Remington ammo,Speer,Hevi-Shot,Estate Cartridge,and Alliant Powder are to be sold to Czechoslovak Group . The vote of shareholders is scheduled for July 2, 2024.

Wonder what changes that will bring? Remington.....!! Really??
I would say shortages on the way and hard to find stuff really hard to find. Wonder what calibers are popular in Czeck??

The people that bought them when Remington went in the dumper (Vista Group) has decided to get out of the guns and ammo business. This means Smith & Wesson among others is probably going to be up for sale before long. Ruger buying Marlin saved Marlin because they were owned by Remington which is now owned by Vista. As far as I can find out Olin is the only ammo company still in the US and even some of their plants are in Turkey. Winchester Arms is still a US company but their guns are made all over everywhere except the model 70 centerfires. We got a couple of Winchester shotguns and the only thing made in the US about them is the cardboard boxes. If we get into a war we will have to buy the bullets from the people we are fighting. The Checz company that is buying them up said they aren't planning to move manufacturing plants at this time. I wonder how long that will last. There is still a very slight chance the shareholders will vote no on the sale and it is rumored that Hornady is going to make an offer. I guess we will see next week.

One issue with all of this is that the US doesn't have any more lead smelting plants. Of course over seas, they aren't limited by that condition.

We still have the lead we just have to send it to China to get it smelted and then shipped back to us. All this thanks to Obama. You can tell by looking at the air over China that they are much cleaner over there with their smelting plants. Hell, we can't even make lead fishing weights.

I wonder who keeps it stocked? Machine owner? I just never think about ammo in a grocery store. Of course I don't go in grocery stores. So if I need ammo its on-line or in a gun store. I agree....not very practical to me. The first time I try it and they wouldn't have the caliber I wanted them probably never use it again. Basic calibers I am sure. 9mm,556, 308 and blah...blah...blah.

I think the machine owner was responsible for stocking it. I figure it wasn't a good idea anyway. In Tuscaloosa it was only a matter of time before they broke in the store and caused 30,000 dollars worth of damage to get 26 dollars and a box of 22's.

Back