Looking for a........

It's a different kinda of gun out there now for sure. Most everything is plastic---well not plastic but polymer, same thing. I was never a big handgun person except for a couple that I had and they were gifts from Linda. Now I got them lying everywhere, but it's different from the handguns guns I like. I have these that I have now for utilitarian purposes as in it's dangerous to go anywhere without one now days. I have Glocks and Sigs and a Taurus or two and a even a Kel-Tec and a Colt and a few that I never even heard of until a few years ago and they are ugly but they serve a purpose. The ones I really like are my model 29 and my Rugers especially the Security Six's.
I like blued barrels and wood stocks on bolt action rifles and shotguns that look like shotguns instead of Star Wars storm trooper issues.

yeah... I love my Rugers. I like my Beretta's also. I have an old Python and some other pistols that I am fond of. It's hard to remember what I do have but I do know what I don't have. I like my Ruger rifles and my older Remingtons along with my older Winchesters. Shotguns included n this list.
There are no classics anymore kinda like cars. Show me a new car that will be a must have 20 years from now. People in the classics are still wanting the 1950's through the early 70's. Well, anyways.........

I've gone through a number of changes over the years in what I've collected. STILL partial to blue/wood, But have had to throw in laminate and composite stocks also. But, I still keep to the classic style stocks in most cases, or variants thereof. While I like Boyd's stocks ? Some of the Colors/Shapes are beyond FUGLY to me and beyond consideration. The only reason I've went beyond classic styling is because of the adjustable L.O.P. and comb height features. I'm finding these features VERY practical for hunting. When I first started building ? HIGH GLOSS STOCKS....Not anymore. Hand rubbed linseed or nothing now. High gloss, while pretty, isn't practical for crap. In either wood or steel for hunting. Weather conditions make mine mostly safe queens. Almost all rifles are done in a Matte/Satin finishes.
Changes.....Most changes in firearms are for a couple reasons. Manufacturing cost/marketing/sales. I have ONE polymer framed pistol, and that will most likely be the only one I ever buy. The whole concept of light firearms goes against physical science and common sense. Recoil management/ caliber effectiveness become the issues. MANY of the new calibers ? pointless, and a drain of supply resources. They offer nothing new, just a slight variant of a caliber already in existence. I won't do the F.P.S. vs F.P.E. discussion again. Those that don't understand it ? Don't want to. And never will. But my understanding of this has been the source of my success hunting over decades. There is over kill and underkill.
Most of the building I do these days ? Older calibers that have been left out of production. 25 caliber for my part. 25-06.. 257 Roberts..7x57...6.5x55 Swedish... 250 Sav....284 Win....and 280 Rem. Most in Ackley Improved versions. Most of this is coming to an end.
Supply chain = SUCKS ! Wait times = REALLY SUCKS. This runs from reloading, parts, just about everything, and runs in cycles from bad to worse.
At this point building will be cut back. And kept to certain area's. Actions for building rifles are either junk, Or too expensive for a build.
I'll keep at it doing restoration on firearms that are still worth it. They can be found. And what was once considered a utilitarian cheap firearm ? Is by todays standard high quality. Many of these are coming out of closets, that were fired little if at all. I'm starting to find a healthy respect for the Savage/Stevens line of older firearms.
The reason people still look for older model cars ? You can work on it. The electric dealer maintained only crap now are all throw away cars. Look for this to happen in firearms. It's already here. Firearm screws up ? Send it back. They throw it in a pile with the other junk ones, send you a new one......

Speaking about the changing firearms. Here is a new ( and expensive) way to acquire a sight picture. I actually have one of these, not the Holosun but a MOS sight on a Canik and I like it. I'm not so sure about how I would like it on a revolver, but then again maybe so. My eyes are not what they use to be so I can use all the help I can get.

I would like to get something like that on my Ruger 57. It is prepped from the factory to accommodate one. Just haven't decided which one to use because I don't know which one is good or not. I would hate to spend $500 dollars on one. They make some solar operated but what if its used at night? They make some motion detected to turn on. So many variables just gets me confused and overwhelmed at times. Wh cant they just make something simple.

I've got a Leupold Delta Point pro on my Canik and I like it. I've got the little triangle 3 mos type one but they make one with a dot center. If you decide to get onelet me know. There is a pretty good markup on the optic stuff and I can get it dropped shipped to you. Gene --a friend of mine has a Holosun on a Sig 365X and he loves it. I know I shoot better with mine and it has an motion activated switch and I'm almost positive the battery compartment is on top so you don't have to take the sight off to change the battery. I am actually shooting at a 25 yd target instead of 25 ft and I hit acceptably well at 50 yds with it. I haven't tried at 100 because well---it's a 9mm and whats the use?

I went to Leupold and didn't see what you were talking about with "little triangle". All I saw was the dot center. Can you give me something to look at? Maybe some prices?

This is the one I have but apparently it is discontinued . I guess they all have dots on them now. Pick one you like and put a link on here and i'll go look it up or get the upc number and I can run through all the distributors and compare prices.

PRODUCT CODE : 030317005856 or.......​

PRODUCT CODE : 030317029159​

One is a 6 moa. The other isn't. What would be the advantage?

6 MOA give you a little bit bigger aim point. 6 MOA is a 6 inch spot at 100 yds and a 2.5 MOA covers a 2.5 inch spot at 100. The bigger MOA is just easier to pick up quicker when you aim than the 2MOA. It would cover up more of the target at 100 and not be as precise at that range but then again I am a lot more likely to be shooting at 25 yds and in with a pistol than I would be at 100 yds.
I sent you an email with the prices.

I got my scope base Belve. Gotta wait on the rifle now. Has it been 16 weeks for the barrel yet?

I have another one on the way. A Ruger 77/44. It's the older version with the blued bolt handle. The newer ones have the white metal bolt handle. I know you ain't a big fan of pistol caliber rifles KRP but I have the 44 carbine semi and the 96/44 so I had to get the cousin to them. I ordered another Leupold m8-4x compact for it and regardless if I ever shoot it or not, it will look good collecting dust. At least I got a good price on it. There are very few Ruger models that I don't have at this point including pistols.

Back