Backyard deer

7 bucks in my backyard this morning. The big 8 point was with them. They might have walked in front of the camera, I'm not sure. I don't have a pic of the 8 point yet. The big one I posted is not him. He is impressive.

Blast him....Archery season starts Sept 15 in Mo ? Which means start of rifle season for many. Didn't know bows made that loud of a noise when you shot one. Opening day of bow season sound quite like the opening day of firearms here.

I am seriously thinking about my bow. However, if he runs off like they usually do , that would be a pain in the arse. Worth it....but a pain in the arse.

Internets been down here. Anyways, Thursday evening I was out for a evening Dog ride, Came past the hay barn at the home ranch (Drews) and WTF ?? There stood a yearling albino with 2 other does and another yearling. Moms a standard coloration throwing a albino gene, I 've never seen a albino buck ? So that would be my guess anyway. This is the 3rd albino I've seen in about the last 3 years, all in the same 1/4 mile of road.
Some idjit will poach it as soon as they see it.

Got some weird stuff going on in the food plot. THOUGHT the soybeans had died from lack of rain.......NOPE, Still there. Just being chewed off...Stubs left. Tracks all OVER !! the ground is so torn up, can't tell by tracks what's been in it.
Here's the deal. Ain't seen NOTHING in over 2 months. There's nuts, any variety EVERYWHERE. You name it they are producing like crazy. Driving up the driveway sounds like someone shooting at ya from walnuts popping under the tires, acorns everywhere, like walking on ball bearings.
We are in a drought again. Wonder if hogs have moved in.
Just sowed some wheat. We are now a CWD testing county, mandatory. Point restrictions are gone, and I'm pert sure it's blow them all away limits now. Strange year for sure...Let Ya All know what I figure out.

Back