Want to Buy/Sell reloading equipment

I really don't want to get into reloading another caliber ? But DAMN do they rape you on 38 S&W ammo. Plus, You have to be careful of what loads you shoot in certain pistols as these pistols were manufactured before and after the transition to smokeless powder.
Also, this caliber uses a oversize bullet (.361) instead of the .357.
I've had some 200 grn. loads for over a year. But seeing some cautions on shooting them in certain pistols ? I've not fired them. And the more I get into this ? Good thing I didn't. Finding out these should only be fired in the Webley series of pistols (large frame).
This caliber is starting to get fairly complicated trying to determine if the pistol is a black powder or smokeless rated manufacture.
I'm figuring out why no one wants to screw with them.

Yeah...kinda like old shotguns and shooting todays ammo in them. I saw a guy shooting skeet with his grandad's gun from 1900 and shooting heavy loads in it. Younger boy and I told him to be careful doing that and that the gun wasnt designed to use that kind of ammo. A couple of other people spoke up and agreed. I didn't stand next to him when he would shoot. I think he got the message cause he switched guns. This wasn't a skeet field but just in a guys field shooting at a skeet thrower. If it had been a formal skeet field, I don't think they would have let him use that gun. Some people just don't know that they don't know.

And it gets MUCH worse when you start farting with European shotguns, More so with 16 gauges, 2 1/2....2 5/8...2 9/16 are chamber lengths that I'm aware of. There may be more. You shoot the wrong length cartridge in a Damascus barrel ? You could get seriously damaged. I never was very casual about shooting 3" shells in a 2 3/4 chamber ? Got to researching it ? Scares the crap out of me now !! Once you understand that chambers are bored length wise to account for the crimp on the shell ? And when you shoot a 3' shell in a 2 3/4 chamber ? You have just created a fairly serious bore restriction. Combine that with the fast burn rate of shotgun powders ? I'll pass. I'm sure newer shotguns are bored to compensate for this stupidity ? I'll still pass.

Back